Sunday, October 25, 2009

We smell pretty

Or maybe we stink. It is overwhelming! If you were at church with us today, you probably smelled it too! It was just time to head out to church today and I noticed Kyrie chewing on something. As I got close to her to check it out, I saw a puddle of water on the tile floor. Then I noticed the broken bottle of cologne. So Kyrie wasn't sitting in a puddle of water afterall. I yelled for Chris and he helped me with the situation. A chunk of glass was pulled out of Kyrie's mouth and her hand! Lovely! And where were the parents this morning? We just love early church meetings. We are out the door just after 8:00 during the school week, and we usually make it just fine and usually without much chaos. And then Sunday comes and for some reason it is so hard to get to church on time at 9:00! And so for today, here is our excuse. I checked Kyrie's condition and luckily there was not a single cut. I cleaned out her mouth the best that I could - she did get a little cologne in there from the glass and her fingers. I wiped her down a little and lightly cleaned up. Then out the door, we have sacrament meeting first and today was the primary program, so we didn't want to be late. So we went stinky! Kyrie smelled like she was wearing the whole bottle of cologne. I put a blanket around her, and that helped - just a little. I hoped that people would hold their breath as we walked by, but I'm sure they all got a big WHOOF!

No comments: