Monday, March 21, 2011

Round 2

I think Dallas must have felt bad that Joni got to go into the big city and he didn't, so they all came back for another little visit. I was telling Dallas some of the options for the night, some things I thought they would might like and when I told him about 16th Street Mall, the look on his face was hilarioius! So we ended up going to Bass Pro Shops. The kids all had fun shooting the targets in the arcade, they loved watching the fish.

We were a little slow getting the camera out, but for a few seconds ALL of these fish had their eyes on Hayden, it was freaky! After exploring the store, we went into the restaurant to eat some alligator and dinner.




The kids all had a hard time falling asleep, which I knew they would. I wasn't too worried about it because my boys are used to having a late night once, and sometimes twice a week, but when it got to be about 11:00 I decided we better do something about it. I went up and laid on the couch and told them I was going to lay there for 5 minutes and didn't want to hear a single sound. Joni came up and joined me, and the kids zonked out so fast, or so we thought! We talked and talked, exchanging stories for 2 hours. About 1:00 we decided we better get to bed and Dusty popped his eyes open wide. He said he heard everything. We quizzed him, and sure enough, it seems he really did hear our whole conversation! I don't know how he could stay up that late, and pretend he was asleep. Luckily, he woke up fine the next morning to go to school. We had lots of fun, Kyrie misses her abc friend and Hayden keeps talking about his "boy cousin". I'm glad we were able to spend some time with them! Thanks Dallas and Jo for changing your plans!

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

How fun! Things like this don't happen often enough, glad you got to spend some more time together!