Thursday, April 7, 2011

Children's work



A couple of weeks ago I repainted mine and Kyrie's toenails, and it seems to be whatever I am doing, Dusty wants to do - especially if it is crafty. So he painted his and Hayden's fingernails and toenails (Chris would probably like me to add that he was not home, not in town or even near the state of CO when this happened). Dusty wanted a sticker on his big toe, and I told him he needed to go over it with a layer of clear nailpolish to help keep it on. His response was "Can it be the clear with sparkles?" I said sure and the next morning, sent them off to school with Hayden having yellow and orange fingernails just in time for his "Star" moment. His class had put together a star booklet all about themselves, and each got a day to be the star and tell about themselves, and tell about some of their favorite items brought from home. So here is Hayden showing off his star booklet and his colored fingernails to his class!






Dusty also had a special project at school, he did a report on penguins. His class spent a lot of time on their reports, they had to look in the index of their chosen book, and find what page to find certain facts about their animal, and write all of their facts down on index cards. And from the index cards, they formed a 6 paragraph report in the form of a rough draph, and then a final. It included a cover page with a picture and was bound into a little book format. Then they had to present their report, or make a poster to show all the parents and other students. Dusty worked very hard on his report. I can't believe they are doing this in second grade!

No comments: