Our Dusty Boy loves to run. He asks once in awhile when he will be able to run a 5K, and there just happened to be one a few weeks ago. I told him I would run it with him, but really didn't know if I would be able to complete it, I haven't been able to run for about 18 months because of my high risk pregnancy with Camden and nursing - I have tried to run a little since I had the baby, but everytime I did he seemed to starve for a few days, so I had to put running off for awhile. But I thought since he is eating solids, I would join Dusty and run. We got one practice in, we ran just 1 mile 2 weeks before the 5K. We woke up the morning of to find it cold and pouring rain, but that wasn't going to stop Dusty. So we ran! He lead the way and I slowly followed. He finished in 34 minutes and 22 seconds and I came in after him in 35 minutes and 19 seconds. Lets just say that I left plenty of room for some improvement for the next one! We were so proud of Dusty for running his 3 miles, and I love that he finds running FUN. I don't really think it's fun, but I do feel a whole lot better when I do it, so I decided since I ran the 3 miles I was going to keep it up. And poor Camden has found himself instantly needing to learn how to drink out of a bottle. He refused to drink formula, not even 1 swallow. He would get a drop or two in his mouth and spit it out. I tried for a couple hours for a few nights in a row, and he would have nothing to do with that stinky stuff, so then I would have to give him juice. Since I have continued to run, his milk supply keeps diminishing, and I felt bad giving him juice every night, so we tried cows milk. The milk took just a little fight for him to accept but now he drinks it everyday and does very well with it. He is happy and so am I, and Dusty is on the lookout for the next 5K.
Monday, June 11, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment