Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Artwork

We have some new artwork at my house. It's kinda hard to see the drawing on this picture, but it is there, and it is also on my couch cushion!

And here is a picture of the artist. Upon finding the artwork, I questioned the boys and didn't get any confessions, which leaves me to guess who the creator is - and I guessed Hayden. (Dusty has done things like this, but he also will admit to doing so.) But I wanted to make sure that it really was Hayden so that I could have a talk with him about both drawing on things and about honesty. So - I said something about when you have a picture to draw, you need to make sure it is on paper....and Hayden got upset and said, "Whoever sits right there is going to ruin my drawing!" I knew it, it was him! So then he got the talk. My house had has quite the eventful summer already, and the kids have only been out of school for 2 weeks. We also have artwork on my bedspread and pillowcases (compliments of Dusty) and holes cut into the upstairs couch (compliments of Hayden and the kitchen scissors.) I have now found a new place for all of the crafty supplies and they can now only be used at the table. Dusty loves to create and he is usually all over the house inventing, drawing, cutting, gluing, taping and writing. He will now have to keep his creativity limited to one area!

3 comments:

Rindi said...

You have a ton more patience than I...

The Mumfords said...

How do you stay so calm? I would have pulled all my hair out by now. Titus was pretty bad too. You and Steph should get together.

The Mumfords said...

Oops...I meant to say you should get together and talk about it. I'll be coming to you for advice on how to handle things like that.