skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Hunger Rash
Kyrie gets a weird rash above and below her right eye and also on right side of her head when she eats certain foods. She has the biggest problems with fruit and otter pops. The rash develops within taking 3-4 bites, and fades within minutes after she's done eating. I mentioned it to her Dr. during her 6 month check-up, and took a jar of food to show him and he said he'd never seen anything like it. He said it wasn't anything to worry about, but he wanted me to make a list of everything she ate and mark whether she reacted or not with each food she ate. So I called him back with the results and he checked with a pediatrician allergist, and I was told I needed to stop feeding her the foods that make her react and to get her right in to be tested. So yesterday I took her in and the Dr. said since she was reacting to fruit and the reaction sets on so quickly, he was really worried about her having an allergy to nuts (which can be really scary). So she got poked all over her back, and was tested for the most common types of food allergies, and fruit. She did so good during the testing other than she wasn't too happy about having to be on her belly. And the results....she is allergy free! Yea, she is such a picky eater I was worried about what I would do if I had to eliminate foods that she will eat! The Dr. said she must have a non-typical reaction for some unknown reason, and it may be because her little body is still considered immature, and she may or may not out grow this. Chris's explanation all along has been that it's just a little hunger rash!
3 comments:
That's crazy, but awesome that she doesn't have any allergies.
hey staci! it's becca brown/thurston from school! how are things going? your kids are soo adorable! so i saw your blog through the reunion blog awhile ago, and i just remembered you were living in CO? i think anyway??
well anywho, we are headed to denver in a few weeks, andi've never been. i was wondering if you had any suggestions? we're headed to the cubs/rockies game on the sat. but other than that are clueless? if you could email me if you get the chance i would love it!! then i can send you an invite to our family blog as well! hope things are going well! my email is missbeccaboo81@hotmail.com
thank you sooo much, becca
Kyrie's poor little back! I hope she grows out of it. We really need to meet her. I know you just came, but do you have plans to come again anytime soon?
Post a Comment