Monday, November 9, 2009
Hayden's first prayer
Hayden said his own prayer for the very first time last night. We've tried for awhile (a LONG while) to get him to do it and he always wants help, or says that he can't. But last night he gave a big clue and said that he doesn't know how it goes. I finally realized that all this time he has thought that prayers were like written out and memorized and that is why he can't do it and wants help. So I told him to go ahead and start and he said, "Heavenly Father, we're thankful for this day," then he looked up and said "now what". I told him he could do it all by himself, he could say whatever he wanted, and I wanted him to think of 3 things. And he said, "But I might say bad words in my prayer". I said, "No you won't, just think of one thing you are greatful for", and he said "bishops". So he bowed his head and started all over and included bishops, and asked, "now what?". I told him to think of one more thing he was greatful for, and he said, "I want you to whisper it in my ear." I encouraged him again and he said missionaries and bowed his head and started all over again including bishops and missionaries. He then looked up at me and I said, "Okay now think of one thing you want help with", and he said, "Got it, God's church", bowed his head and started all over AGAIN. He popped his head up again and looked at me and I asked, "are you all done?". He said, "That's right", bowed his head and said "Amen". It was the cutest little prayer and I can't believe he finally did it by himself. The poor little kid has thought all along that he just wouldn't do it right. I can't wait to hear more prayers now that he has got it all figured out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Good job Hayden!!!! Thats so exciting. I love your blog. You have a very cute family!
That is the cutest little Prayer I have ever heard!! Ray always used to say and please bless that we will be safe it was so cute Good job Hayden!!
Post a Comment