Thursday, November 5, 2009

A Piece of Halloween!

Last year on Halloween we were in the process of moving to Denver-ish. Chris was living out of a hotel, and the boys and I came to Colorado for a quick trip. On Halloween day we were able to close on our house. We got done with all the paperwork, and drove to our brand new house, and for the first time used our own key to unlock the door. We quickly got the boys dressed up and headed out to the streets for some trick-or-treating. I thought it was a good way to meet all the neighbors. When we tired out, we headed back to the house and we set up for the night. I had packed air mattresses, pillows, and blankets hoping we'd be able to use them. And we did, we spent our first night in our new home on Halloween. It was so much fun! I don't think I will EVER forget our Halloween last year.
Here is a little piece of what we did this year:

Here are the three cutest little pirates I have ever seen!



"Is anybody home?" I don't think we were the favorite candy collectors this year. The boys peeked in every window they could. And their friend Quinn didn't think that ringing the doorbell just once was good enough. We had some excited trick-or-treaters!
Arrr! Pirate Captain Dusty
And Co-Captain Hayden
And the little pirate-princess!


I never really liked Halloween when I was a kid, but I really like it now that I have kids. This year was a lot of fun! We had an early party with some friends, the boys both had parties at school, and we also had a ward party at the church. The boys had fun carving their own pumpkins and eating toasted pumpkin seeds. Then on Halloween some friends came over to join us for the evening. We went up and down just a couple of streets, and came back home for some dinner. The kids answered the door to all of the trick-or-treaters at our house, and I think Dusty liked that better than going trick-or-treating himself. Almost a week later we still have tons of candy. Hayden could gobble his up pretty quickly if I let him. Dusty will probably have his until Easter.

2 comments:

Coby and KaeDawn said...

I love their costumes.. they are the cutest pirates I have ever seen:)

Kim and AJ said...

I have to agree they are the cutest pirates ever!!