skip to main |
skip to sidebar
2010
Kyrie is now 13 months! She has such a cute personaltiy and we are all crazy about her. She really adds so much to our family. It seems she learns new things everyday. After 3 weeks of walking she is now running. She goes up and down the slide all by herself, she gives kisses and has the cutest little wave. Last Sunday another little girl her age walked up to us and Ky wrapped her arms around her, patted her back, laid her hear on her shoulder and kept saying, "Oh". I bet she did that for 2 minutes. It was SO precious! The other little girl just ignored her and kept going after the toys. But it was the sweetest thing. She brightens up our world! She is quite the talker and jabbers all day, but is also saying quite a few things. She says: mom, dad, ya, thank you, bye bye, take it, I get it, I got it, here you go, Uh oh, cucka, and love ya. She also is now a lover of chapstick and lotion (just like her mom!).
Ky had her first taste of Cheetos and she loves them.
I was able to join Hayden for a bear picnic at school. They spent the week learning all about different kinds of bears. One day he came home from school and asked if bears really are real! There are 16 kids in his class, and I wish that I was one of them. I love to go in and help, his class is SO much fun, I am already regretting when this school year will be over. I love those kids and he has the most AMAZING teachers, teacher aids and speech therapist. I am already trying to think of a gift to give them at the end of the year, but so far I am clueless. I need to get them something good, they have been so wonderful and I truly appreciate them. Hayden has been working really hard on being able to write his name. He has been practicing at home everyday. A few days ago one of the teacher commented that she has really seen a difference the last 2 weeks with his handwriting. I was so excited to hear! He has been working really hard on that and his speech. Way to go Mr. H! This kid teaches me so much and gives me an opportunity to love in ways which I never thought possible. I am so greatful for his giant spirit. When he was younger I was told several times that his spirit was just too giant for his little body. He is such a fun little boy and is still capturing older girlfriends with his twinkling eyes. Love ya buddy!
What amazing children I have! They crack me up everday.
This is how we spent our New Years Eve. Then we were in bed by 9:00. We are such great partiers! Chris was out of state using up his 3 deer tags.
Dusty still has been using his creativity. He loves to hang his stuff on the wall and I have been thinking of using the magnetic paint so that he can stick his displays with magnents, so his whole wall won't be covered with tape residue. But then last week he made his own bulletin board so that he can stick everything to that. How cute is that? Now I'm not so sure what I want to do. For now I think that the bulletin board will do the job. I love his creativity, and want him to put it to good use, and I think the bulletin board is just too cute to get rid of for now. He is still creating his own books, his latest, one about clowns!
Dusty is so sweet! This morning I was running on my treadmill and he came and asked me a few questions. I got upset, and told him "you know I cannot hear you when I'm running on this thing, let me finish!" By the time I was done he was crying. I felt so bad when I found out that he was trying to make me a surprise breakfast all by himself. He was making french toast, and had toasted 2 pieces of Texas toast in the toaster and wanted to know what to do next. So I explained it to him and he made us all French toast for breakfast, and it was so yummy! This kid is so good to have around. He is such a good helper. He loves to take charge of Family Home Evening, and plan the whole thing out. He comes up with very creative things to do. He has already told me what the game is going to be this next Monday. He is going to throw wads of paper in the air and we have to catch one. We will then open it up and read the written word and determine if it is a real word or not. I love this boy!
Last weekend Grandpa Scott came out for a quick visit. It was fun to have him! We didn't plan on telling the boys about his visit, and a few times we slipped a little but they never caught on! Hayden got to go to the airport, and didn't know who we were waiting for and was surprised to find out who it was. Then Grandpa went with me to get Dusty from school. Dusty boy caught a glimpse of him while he was waiting in line in the hallway, and came out the doors with one of those grins that he tries so hard to hide but is impossible to. The boys loved having a visitor!
2 comments:
Hey Staci! I can't get over that picture of Kyrie walking! She is SO big now! Dusty reminds me so much of Drew. We are hoping to be back by the end of this month...we had a couple hang-ups with the closing so it got pushed back. Thank heavens for Don!!
Happy 13 months Ky! Dusty you are growing up so fast I am so happy you are able to help your mom so much! Hayden you are such a sweetheart I love you guys! Love Aunt Kim
Post a Comment