
This is what I woke up to on Mother's Day

And this. The boys have been planning Mother's Day for a couple of months, they kept on asking when it was. They both made me several cards. Dusty told me that I am the best mom ever. He also gave me a flower that was supposed to change colors. And he used his own money to buy me a little rock with an eagle sculpture on top. He bought it at the rock store when it visited his school one day and he has hidden and saved it in his dresser for about a month to surprise me. So thoughtful! Chris got out of bed earlier than his normal to make us all some breakfast. He also gave me some ornamental grasses to plant to replace some ugly bushes. I loved my surprises.

After church we headed to the park. I was wishing it was our favorite mountains in Vernal. Mother's Day was the first time of the year that we would head up to the mountains. We would start a fire, roast hotdogs and marshmallows. We would go for little hikes or walks and just play around for a bit. It was a fun tradition. It's what I wanted to do this year, so I revisited my memories, it wasn't quite the same, but still fun. And the park was fun too.

It was especially fun to watch my kiddos. Kyrie gave me a great gift. She told me "NO" for the very first time, and it was with attitude. She had raised her shoulder and turned her head when she said it, kind-of like in this picture. She has said other things before to disagree, but until this day she had never said "NO".

I think Chris made everyone sick on the tire swing. Dusty got on there all by himself and Chris spun him so hard he started to cry, until then it was all fun and games.

I love being a mom. It is my lifelong dream come true. It is the greatest! This Mother's day I had a
very overwhelming feeling of gratitude for my children. My heart felt so big and so full. I love my kids so much that it hurts. Hayden even told me that sometimes I cry because I love him too much. And it is so true! I had a great Mother's Day! And I hope my mom did too!
No comments:
Post a Comment