Saturday, June 14, 2008

Boys and Balls


Dusty had a T-ball game on Thursday and I let Hayden go out in the field to play catch during warm ups. Then the coach asked for the team to huddle just before the game and I told Hayden it was time to come out. He had a complete meltdown!! I offered to play catch with him on the grass, but that wasn't good enough. Chris arrived just a couple of minutes after the game started and saw Hayden and asked what was wrong. Chris always goes out into the field to help these new ball players, and told Hayden to grab his mitt to help. Hayden was so excited! And he almost caught a ball too! So today we had 2 T-ball games and Coach came up and said that it was totally fine if Hayden wanted to play, bat and all. I wish you could all see this little boy beam the way he did! This is a picture of him hitting the ball for the first time, he even got it on the first swing, (pretty good for a 3 year old)! He was so excited and so was I! He always thinks that he is just as big as his brother. I don't know what Dusty thinks about Hayden playing, but Hayden thinks he is officially part of the team. I totally enjoy watching my boys play, I have never really been into sports, but that part of me is changing! There is that statement that says "Having kids changes everything" - totally true!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What cute pictures.. it is so fun to see your family grow up! So glad we can blog and stay in touch! Take care friend!

The Mumfords said...

I miss t-ball! I watched the triplets play a couple years ago - total chaos!! When the ball was hit, they would all race to it and fight over who got to throw it back to the catcher. It was fun to watch though. I bet it's fun to have your kids be old enough to play sports and do fun things. One day...