Monday, June 16, 2008

Some News

So here it is, we're having another baby! YEA! We tried a couple of years ago, but that one didn't last long, and then after a string of events, I just felt that I couldn't do it. Well, we've thought about it for quite some time and decided that we are ready again. We don't know whether we are having pink or blue yet, but either way we're very excited! We just started telling people (although our little Hayden already had it all figured out). I'm about 12 weeks along and due January 1st. Chris is determined to get the New Years Baby, but I really doubt we'll make it that far, in fact we'll be lucky if we make it to December. I've been working on the nursery already because it's questionable if I will be able to later on. We've thought up some names - for a boy, Cody William Scott. This one was easy. We had Cody picked out 4 years ago along with Hayden, but we couldn't decide. So if the baby came out looking like Dusty, he would be named Cody, and if he didn't look like Dusty, we'd name him Hayden Christopher. And out he came looking like CHRIS! So Hayden Christopher became his name. But ever since then Cody has been real to me, so if we have a boy, he will be Cody William Scott(William after my Gpa Palmer). And for a girl, we are pretty stuck on Kyrie Belle Scott (Belle after Chris's Gma Lula Belle Scott - whom we adore!). The only thing is I hope this doesn't cause much conflict. I'll just say that I found out that a cousin of mine is having a girl and is due a few months before me. I guess she has a name picked out, but is not telling what it is. But when our names were told, we learned that her name is VERY similar to our girl name. I talked to Chris about it, and even though she will have her baby first, we are going to keep that name. I don't know if she'll care or not. We thought of the possibility of changing the first name, the only other name we have considered is Josie, but we're not planning on changing. We are pretty stuck on Kyrie Belle if we have a girl. I know that baby names can become sensitive to some people, so I hope we don't cause any problems. I just don't want it to appear that we stole or copied her name. But anyway, we are looking forward to having either our Cody, or Kyrie!

7 comments:

The Mumfords said...

Staci!! Congratulations! That is some exciting news! Hopefully you've been feeling ok. I don't know, Janine is the only one that has had a boy so far this year. You might get a girl. Melissa finds out on Thurs (I think) what hers is. Those are cute names. I haven't heard the name Kyrie before. I like it.

The Valentine Fam said...

Congrats! We obviously love the name Cody! My opinion...if you love the name, use it. I hope things go well during the pregnancy.

*C said...

How exciting!! Congrats!!

Kyrie is a really cute name, but I had never heard of it before either. I think in all fairness you should be able to use the name since you're putting it out there and your cousin is keeping hers a secret. You can't be coping her if you don't know what it is, right?! :)

Either way I am sure whatever he or she is named, they will be a beautiful little baby!! :)

Richards Family said...

Hi Guys! Congrats! We are so excited for you guys! That would be fun to get the New Years Baby in your family but I am sure the baby will come whenever he or she is suppose too. I love your names. They will be perfect. You guys are much more prepared than us. If our baby is a girl her name might just be Baby Girl Richards. How does that sound? Jake swears it is a girl but we are not finding out so it will be a big surprise. Will you guys find out what the baby is?
How fun, your boys will just be so cute with there new little buddy!!
Luv, Amber
p.s. We hope Chris is feeling better!

Leslie said...

Staci
Congrats!! WE are so excited for you. I hope you have the baby early so we are still home for christmas when he/she comes! Can't wait to find out if it will be Cody or Kyrie. Cute names!!!
Love ya
Leslie

Unknown said...

Congratulations you two! I really hope y'all have a girl. That way the boys have a lil sister they can take care of! And she would be so adorable like Staci!

SMOOCHES!

jonisill said...

Congrats! we are excited for you! Our little anderson family is now getting to be a BIG Anderson family! I hope you have a girl, and I wouldn't worry about the name. Even if it is the exact same There's nothing wrong with having two Kyries in the Fam. Besides, how often do you think they will see each other anyway??