Tuesday, September 8, 2009

For the Love of the Game

Our most bestest friends came from Utah to visit us over Labor Day weekend. It's a good thing they came because I'm sure our games have been feeling a bit neglected since our move. We have tried playing, but there is just nothing like playing with our pals, Ian and Heather.

We were able to enjoy a couple of game nights while they were here, and since Heather and I usually slaughter the men, we decided that if we ever want them to play with us again, we'd better let them win, and we took a little break. I think we let their hopes get up high enough that we will be able to resume our winning streak next time. You know, we can't win every time, or it will never be fun for them! It got dangerous Sunday night, we were up way to late (for me) and the next thing you know, I was cheating without even trying (or realizing). It is never good when I am up too late!
On Saturday we decided to venture out a little bit and Heather decided that she needed to snap some pictures. She always comments on how I have pictures all over the house, but none of them include me (I'm always the one behind the camera).



Dusty was excited to find a clam shell.
Hayden tried his best to look for one.



I love this one - See there is no need to worry about Chris having a girl. I don't know why he was worried about it! Kyrie has her Daddy just where she wants him!
Ian and Heather are so awesome!
While we were out we came across some strange people. This guy was a weirdo, he was funny, but also a bit scary! I wasn't quite sure if I wanted my boys standing by him or not! He was out there! As we were walking away from this robot guy, Hayden said, "He is too much funny". We also saw a guy that as far as I could tell, was completely (I assume) covered in a tattoo. His whole body was covered in blue jigsaw puzzle pieces, put together. There are all kinds of people out there!
Heather and Ian provided us all with tickets to a Rockies game. We joined the other 39,000 people to the stadium for an evening of fun.
Dusty actually WATCHED the whole game. When a player hit the ball, his little eyes followed it and watched all the action. He really enjoyed it.
Hayden loved watching the game too!
Hayden was one of the luckiest kids ever. He hardly had to walk at all throughout the day. 'Uncle' Ian and 'Aunt' Heather provided him with all kinds of transportation. I know they got their workout for the day! If you look really close in this picture, you can see Hayden's butt crack! I took this picture after the game and as we were crossing the street, some guy ran up to me and said, "Excuse me, are you taking pictures of that kid's ***-crack". He was really upset at me and told me how messed up I was!! I told him yes, I was and then had to quickly explain that "that kid" is my son.
We had been looking forward to Ian and Heather's visit. I miss hanging out with them so bad, and so do the boys. They got to our house late Thursday night so the boys weren't able to see then when they got here. Friday morning I had asked Dusty to get something for me, and after a couple of minutes he had not returned so I went to search for him. Both of the boys were trying to peek under the door to the spare bedroom in hopes of seeing Ian and Heather. They follwed them all over the house, even waited outside the bathroom door for Heather. Hayden even preferred snuggling up to Heather on the couch instead of me! We love Ian and Heather and love being able to spend time with them. I love that they made the long drive to spend some time with us. They are so awesome and I look up to them. They are such great examples and SO much fun to hang out with. We have the best friends ever (We really do)!!! Hope to see them soon! Thanks for the great time and awesome memories Ian and Heather!

No comments: