Tuesday, September 14, 2010

This is how we communicate at our house

On Sunday Dusty brought me a piece of paper that had a question written on it, "Can we go to McDonalds tomorrow to get ice cream? Circle YES or NO." I decided that since Chris wouldn't be home that it was a good idea for Family Home Evening, so I circled YES.
Then he got busy making these signs and posted them throughout the house so I wouldn't forget - he even put one in the tub so that I would see it first thing in the morning.

After school he led me to the door to answer his final question. Although we left a half hour late because or handy man was cleaning up after a 6 hour job of replacing our hail-beaten door way and door. Dusty made sure he told me we didn't leave on time, I guess we did kind-of have a contract!
Bed-time ice cream, yum - and I don't know if it was better than our own freezer ice cream, but at least we got out of the house. And Kyrie's outfit, that's a whole other story. She is so big now so why not let her pick out her outfit? Sometimes I don't have much of a choice. I had denim shorts on her several times, but she'd take them off and put these striped fleece pants on that she pulled out of the dresser herself. And the headband, she thinks it's attached, and Hayden's (I mean Kyrie's) Diego watch. She has a great style, and as funny and mismatched it is, I think it is absolutely adorable!
Hayden enjoyed his cone and extended our bed-time McDonalds visit by slowly savoring each lick. We were gone for over an hour, it was weird to not be in a rush, so nice that we could just enjoy, relax and have fun together.
As soon as we walked into McD's Kyrie saw the toy display and as excited as could be, screamed, "BABY, BABY". Luckily you can buy a toy without getting the happy meal and Kyrie became a new mother to Alice in Wonderland. She lifted up Alice's dress and said "diaper!". Yes, she is spoiled, but I didn't get it for her just because she wanted one. I have actually been on the look-out for little babies because she now thinks she has to take them EVERYWHERE! The little babies are so much easier to take to the store and they fit in my bag lots easier than her other babies. So I was greatful to come across a little baby, and was happy to spoil my daughter!

Here she is giving her newest baby a taste.

YUM!

Dusty picked a fudge sundae and scarfed down every last drop, except for what was on his face!


And tonight we went to Dusty's flag-football practice and he was AMAZING! So far football has been his favorite sport to play, he has had a lot of fun. But last season and this year so far he has always just followed the crowd of kids and ran behind them everywhere they went. I told him that I wanted him to keep his eyes on the ball, not the other kids and I wanted him to be the first one to try to get the flags. One of the coaches then told him that when the ball is passed to not automatically run up to the line, he said take a few steps toward the line, keep your eye on the ball, wait to see which direction the ball runner is going, then get him. And the very next play, DUSTY GOT HIM! He pulled his very first flag. The look on his face was priceless. I was so excited for him (it even made me choke up a little). Then the next 4 plays he just about had it, he could have tagged the runner, but just didn't quite get the flag in his hand. I told him to not forget what he did different that helped him get that flag. As soon as we got home from practice, Dusty went straight to the phone to call his dad, he was pretty excited! At Thursday's game, I'm sure we'll see a whole different football player! Congrats Dusty!

2 comments:

AJ said...

Good job Dusty!!

Leslie said...

That is so cute! A perfect FHE!
Way to go Dusty.