Saturday, May 28, 2011

School is out!

School is out! But not without some fun first! I was able to go on a field trip to the zoo with Dusty's class, it was really fun. I have been able to go on all of Hayden's field trips throughout the last few years, but this is the first time I was able to go on one with Dusty Boy.

Our group of kids were awesome. Justin in the red kept on asking if he could hold my hand!


Dusty and Lexi - they are such good friends, everytime I am at school and the students are asked to pair up with someone, Dusty and Lexi choose each other.
Then a couple of weeks later, I got to go back to the zoo with Hayden's class.






And then there was field day, here's Hayden on the run trying to finish the race!....And then kindergarten graduation. It seems that every year goes by faster and faster. It seems I just took Hayden to his first day of kindergarten. I'm kinda glad it's over though - no more 1/2 days of school for a few years. I will be so glad to be out of that schedule!






Hayden with his best bud, Blake

Hayden with his speech therapist, Megan


and his teacher, Mrs. Hegwer. My kids ended up with the best teachers this year, we were so blessed to have them. Hayden's teacher was so sweet to him and she was so understanding. She helped our family out in so many ways, and was so good to him (and me) on the very trying days. I don't know what we would have done without her. She adjusted a few of her regular ways to accomodate Hayden and his struggles. I didn't get any pictures of Dusty's last day or any of him and his teacher because the parent that was in charge of the party changed the time and didn't let anyone know, so by the time I got to his class, the party was over and the students were all lined up to leave the classroom. But he had an awesome teacher too, Mrs. Flynn was always so calm and so organized even though most of the time she had about a half a dozen different things going on at the same time. I really enjoyed being a small piece of their class. I loved helping out at the school this year, and in a way I am really disappointed but also relieved at the same time that I won't be able to put in much time this upcoming year because of a new baby.
And this is me with my friend Candace. I met her on the first week of school and we started talking and instantly became friends. She is really fun and I love being friends with her!

No comments: