A couple of weeks ago Dusty lost his first tooth. We waited and waited for that thing to come out and we teased him about it because it was just hanging there and he wouldn't let us pull it out. He was so protective about his tooth, and then one morning it just fell out while he was brushing his teeth. Chris was in the bathroom with him and as I walked in Dusty held out his hand with the tooth in it, and a big grin on his face. The next thing I saw was Dusty falling straight back, and it seemed like slow motion, but I still couldn't catch him in time. He passed out and fell, hitting his head on the hard tile floor. Chris scooped him up and laid him on our bed. He was sick for awhile and went to school looking like a ghost. I felt so bad for him, but in a way thought it was kinda funny! He passed out over losing a tooth! Dusty is definately my kid! That's just the way that some of us are, and I know some people will never understand, but now we know to watch that kid in certain situations. Ever since he got a loose tooth, Dusty has been really interested in his mouth. I have caught him several times looking in his mouth with a mirror. One day he came and asked me if Vampires had pointy teeth like this (as he was drawing the shape with his finger), and I said "yes". He got a concerned look on his face and opened his mouth and pointed at his 2 pointy teeth and said "Well, look!" I know that he was really worried about having pointed teeth and being a vampire, but I couldn't help but burst out laughing. So whether he's looking like a ghost or a vampire, his smile sure is cute with a hole in it!
Monday, December 8, 2008
Dusty's tooth
A couple of weeks ago Dusty lost his first tooth. We waited and waited for that thing to come out and we teased him about it because it was just hanging there and he wouldn't let us pull it out. He was so protective about his tooth, and then one morning it just fell out while he was brushing his teeth. Chris was in the bathroom with him and as I walked in Dusty held out his hand with the tooth in it, and a big grin on his face. The next thing I saw was Dusty falling straight back, and it seemed like slow motion, but I still couldn't catch him in time. He passed out and fell, hitting his head on the hard tile floor. Chris scooped him up and laid him on our bed. He was sick for awhile and went to school looking like a ghost. I felt so bad for him, but in a way thought it was kinda funny! He passed out over losing a tooth! Dusty is definately my kid! That's just the way that some of us are, and I know some people will never understand, but now we know to watch that kid in certain situations. Ever since he got a loose tooth, Dusty has been really interested in his mouth. I have caught him several times looking in his mouth with a mirror. One day he came and asked me if Vampires had pointy teeth like this (as he was drawing the shape with his finger), and I said "yes". He got a concerned look on his face and opened his mouth and pointed at his 2 pointy teeth and said "Well, look!" I know that he was really worried about having pointed teeth and being a vampire, but I couldn't help but burst out laughing. So whether he's looking like a ghost or a vampire, his smile sure is cute with a hole in it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I'm glad that everything is going good in Denver. I've been hearing all the updates from your mom, but it's good to hear it from you. Hopefully we get to see you for Christmas. Love you guys
Post a Comment