I love celebrating the little Holidays, I guess I somehow have to make up for not liking Christmas. The little holidays are so much easier and funner for me. Last year St. Patrick's Day was a huge deal (mostly thanks to Dusty's kindergarten teacher). Dusty made a Leprechaun trap, and on March 18th, he was already planning how he could make a better one for this year to catch that little green guy. About 4 months ago he told me he knew how he was going to make it. But since then, I guess he had forgotten all about it.

The kids started the day off with some green oatmeal with raisins and some green milk.

And for dinner we tried a new dish for the first time: corned beef and cooked cabbage. We also had parsley potatoes and pistachio salad. One of Hayden's teachers told me how they have this meal every year on St. Patrick's Day and I thought we should give it a try, so she told me how to prepare it. The corned beef was really different for me, it has it's own smell, texture and taste but it was yummy, especially with mustard! I had purchased a 4 lb chunk of the meat, and it shriveled up to only 1/4th of it's original size. I was shocked! There was not much meat at all from that 4 pounder. This picture is of Chris's plate and he got almost 1/2 of the brisket. We may try it again next year. I just have to try to get used to the smell while it is cooking.
No comments:
Post a Comment