Monday, September 8, 2008

1st day of school

So here are the boys on their first day of school. They both go to afternoon classes, so we had a long wait that day. They were so excited! Dusty wore his backpack all morning long, and he kept running to the corner to see if his bus was coming. They both seem to love their schools, but we can't get much out of Dusty about what goes on at school. He seems to think that it's his new world and none of our business! I ask questions and the only answer I ever get is "I don't know", with him also showing a huge grin. I'm greatful for both of their schools, but especially Haydens! I love that he listens to every word his teacher says and obeys her! I try to use her at home ("Hayden, your teacher says..."). Sometimes it works, I just really wish he'd obey me like he does her. It really is a scary thought to have my kids leave without me and for them to be out in the world in someone else's care! But it hasn't been quite as hard as I thought. When they both left on their separate buses, I was able to go inside the house - instead of following the bus to school! It's hard to let them do these things, but at the same time it's so fun and rewarding to see them grow.












No comments: