skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Dusty is 6 years old!
A few months ago Dusty said he wanted some kid kind of peanut butter and jam for kids to make their own sandwiches for his birthday, and then one day he showed me in the store what he was talking about. He has also wanted a "big bag of paper". He is always taking my paper out of the printer and one day opened the door on our computer desk and said "Wow, where did you get that big bag of paper? Maybe you could get one like that for me!" So what some exciting gifts he got this year! I decided to throw in some paint with all of that paper, a game, a Speed Racer car, and the Speed Racer movie. He also got some cards, letters, money, and phone calls. I think he had an exciting day!
Here he is with the cupcakes that he wanted. He has wanted cupcakes from Wal-mart with whistles on top like he saw once in the store. Unfortunaltely, they don't have the whistle packets anymore, so we bought cupcakes and added our own whistles.
Since I was going to make Dusty wait until after dinner to open his gifts, I didn't want him to feel that he had to go through most of the day without it feeling like his birthday, so we started the day with a breakfast surprise. After we got Hayden on the bus this afternoon, Dusty said that I had to wait in my room while he made ME a surprise lunch. He came and got me when it was ready, made me close my eyes, lead me to my chair, then let me open my eyes to see my surprise. He had opened a can of applesauce, dumped it in a bowl, and covered the top with animal crackers. He also had a piece of bread cut into the shape of a heart. I so wish I had taken a picture of my lunch. He made some for himself as well, and had to chow it down with only fifteen minutes left to eat and get ready for the bus. It was so cute! I love little things like this! I can hardly believe he came to us 6 years ago. He has been fun since day one! I never knew I could love like this. He has spoiled me and I am so greatful that he is mine. I can't imagine life without our Dusty Boy. He has been one of the cutest little boys ever. I'll never forget when he was just a few weeks old, we would lay him under the living room fan at my parents house and he would go! His arms would flap up and down and his skinny little legs would move like he was running a marathon. I swear that boy would run miles laying there! And as he got more mobile, he didn't run in place as much, but he still was constantly on the go. He is like the energizer bunny that just keeps going and going and going. His is my biggest best helper, my cuddle bug, and my comedian. He is growing up so fast! He gets chased by all the girls at school (I don't blame them, he is a cutie). He also let me know how embarassing it was that I waited for the bus with him with wet hair. How awful it would be to have the other kids see me that way!! We love our Dusty Boy! We have thouroughly enjoyed these last six years with him. Happy Birthday Dusty!
No comments:
Post a Comment