Friday, September 19, 2008

Happy Birthday to HAYDEN!!!



Hayden is now 4 years old! His birthday falls just 1 day after his brothers. He was born almost 5 weeks early but completely fine and HUGE!! I was greatful he was early, I can just imagine what another 5 weeks would have done to him. We have always combined the boys parties into one, but decided that starting this year they needed their own. Hayden was determined to have his birthday yesterday with his brother and even told me that his teacher said it is today (yesterday). I tried to convince him that I am his mom, and I was there when he was born, and I know when his birthday is. So he had a long wait. This morning I had to give him a breakfast surprise like we did yesterday for Dusty. He has been so excited, and lucky for him we didn't make him wait until after dinner to have his party. Chris took the day off work, so we took the boys to Wingers for lunch, then came home for presents and cake and ice cream. He also wanted to pick out a cake from Wal-mart, so I lucked out on baking. I'd ask him what he wants for his birthday and I got "Well, what do you want on your birthday mom?". So I was clueless, and used one of my sisters ideas. He got a book, coloring book, the Barnyard movie, and a gun that shoots cans off a log. He also got cards, letters, money and phonecalls. All he wants for dinner is CAKE, I can't get him to pick anything else so I guess we'll have pizza tonight. Then we're going to blow up the air beds, and watch his birthday movie and have a family sleep over in the living room. So that is our birthday excitement! I am so glad for Hayden to be in our family, and I'm greatful that I get to be his mother. He teaches us so much! He is totally a Daddy's Boy! He loves his dad, he looks like his dad, and acts like him as well. He is such a strong little boy. He isn't afraid of ANYTHING, including going out in the dark by himself. He thinks he has to grow up just as fast as his brother, and is always right beside Dusty doing the same thing. He is the best brother and friend one could ever ask for. He loves to sing and "get jiggy with it". He is also the sweetest thing there is, he just melts my heart at times. I have learned how much fun he is when his brother is at school and he will actually interact with me. He is totally different when it's just him and I love our time together. He might even be turning into a mommas boy (Chris doesn't agree with me!). It seems unreal that he joined us 4 years ago, time goes by fast when you're having fun and staying busy, and Hayden has for sure kept us busy! We love you Hayden, Happy Happy Birthday!

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Sounds like both boys had a wonderful day. They both look so happy with their treasures. That is awesome that you made both days so special. I think you are right, there comes a time when they need their own days!

jonisill said...

You guys are so cute!! It sounds like they both had a happy day. They grow up so fast! It makes me kind of sad to think about how fast the time really goes by.