I can hardly believe that today is a two year mark for my family. I'll never forget that day, 2 years ago when Tina shared with us tears of sorrow as well as tears of laughter. Tina was such a good example to us all, through her last few events she gave us comfort, she confirmed to us that this life is not the end and that we will see her again someday. She promised to always watch out for us. She faced her battles with faith, strength, courage and acceptance. She showed that even in the last moments of life, that chapstick is still a necessity (see Chris it is!) She taught us so much! She touched many lives in her short 20 years on earth. We promised her that her two little boys will know of her and her love for them. She has great love for her nieces and nephews as well. She was always so good to the little kids and they love her for it. She does not want to be forgotten. I don't think it's possible to forget. She definately won't ever be forgotten at our house. It makes me so happy when my children randomly talk of her. They randomly blow her kisses to heaven. Or they shout out from their beds "good night mom" , "good night dad", and sometimes really loud hoping that she can hear, "good night Tina". It touches me to know that they think of her. As much pain as we have felt, and as much grieving that has been done, and as hard as life gets, it was worth every moment that we shared with her. We know that she is not completely gone, we know that she is watching us and helping our families, and we know we will see her again. I am so greatful for the knowledge that we have. I am greatful for my family, I am greatful for my little sister, who was also one of my best friends. I am greatful for all that she taught us. We have many memories of her that we cherish. We do love and miss you Tina!
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
2 Years
I can hardly believe that today is a two year mark for my family. I'll never forget that day, 2 years ago when Tina shared with us tears of sorrow as well as tears of laughter. Tina was such a good example to us all, through her last few events she gave us comfort, she confirmed to us that this life is not the end and that we will see her again someday. She promised to always watch out for us. She faced her battles with faith, strength, courage and acceptance. She showed that even in the last moments of life, that chapstick is still a necessity (see Chris it is!) She taught us so much! She touched many lives in her short 20 years on earth. We promised her that her two little boys will know of her and her love for them. She has great love for her nieces and nephews as well. She was always so good to the little kids and they love her for it. She does not want to be forgotten. I don't think it's possible to forget. She definately won't ever be forgotten at our house. It makes me so happy when my children randomly talk of her. They randomly blow her kisses to heaven. Or they shout out from their beds "good night mom" , "good night dad", and sometimes really loud hoping that she can hear, "good night Tina". It touches me to know that they think of her. As much pain as we have felt, and as much grieving that has been done, and as hard as life gets, it was worth every moment that we shared with her. We know that she is not completely gone, we know that she is watching us and helping our families, and we know we will see her again. I am so greatful for the knowledge that we have. I am greatful for my family, I am greatful for my little sister, who was also one of my best friends. I am greatful for all that she taught us. We have many memories of her that we cherish. We do love and miss you Tina!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
I miss her too. The last time I saw her was the 4th of July the year her and Braden got married. I wish I could have gotten to say goodbye before she went. I will never forget her and I know she watches over all her family members.
Thanks alot Staci! I was doing so well-Trying not to think about it. For me, the best way to deal with this has been to avoid it. And I was doing really well until I saw your blog. But, I think i'm due for a good cry anyway. We all miss Tina so much and I have been so grateful to her for bringing Avery to me safely. Im 100% sure that Avery knows her aunt Tina very well, and I am glad for that. I think about Tina all of the time and I can try not to think about what happened all I want but the fact is that it happened, and it's never going to go away. I have so many good memories with her and those I will always cherish.
Thank you Staci. I love her very much and miss her too.
Yea I found your blog, but not a good one to stummble across, You guys are amazing, and what a blessing to have her in your family. I hope all is good!
I remember finding out when she died. It was only a short while after Joe died. It was so hard for my mom because she loved Joni and knew it must have been a rough year. I am adding you to my blogs. It was great hearing from you.
Post a Comment