Thursday, September 25, 2008
karody
I've been doing a lot of scrapbooking the last couple of weeks, and while I scrapbook the kids like to play with a bucket full of my foam alphabet letters. Dusty was arranging the letters, spelling little words like dog, run, and bag. I can hear him sounding out each letter to make words. All of the sudden, he got excited and said, "Mom I spelled karate - k a r o d y"! I was impressed that he tackled on such a big word, and he spelled it just like it sounds. He is just in his 3rd week of kindergarten and way smarter than I was at that age. I give credits to a little toy computer he has as well as the Leap Frog Movies, Letter Factory and Word Factory. That is how he has learned to sound out letters and blend them together. I love that he learns so much while having fun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I can't wait for my daughter to tell me her tooth is loose. I forget they are the same age.
That is so cute. Little kids are much more clever than people give them credit for!
Post a Comment