Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving

Dusty made this cute turkey hat and wore it proudly for 3 days. He even wore it to Kmart and Target while he did some shopping with me. This little boy and this little turkey made a bunch of people end up with a smile on their face!
This Thanksgiving I got off easy. I didn't have to make a single thing! We were invited to join 3 different families this year and I made Chris decide what to do. We ate with our friends, the Easdons and their families. We had great food and lots of fun. Chris cooked up some of his elk meat to contribute to the dinner, and I did end up making some rolls for our family so I felt a little festive.





After we ate there was a knock at the door


and the kids were so excited to see who it was

Dusty is a full believer, he has no reason to doubt. How could he? Our first Christmas here in Colorado he looked out the window and he KNEW he saw Santa. Santa, his sleigh and reindeer were on top of the school across the street. It was dark outside, but he could see the silhouette of Santa and his crew against the night sky. He was beyond excited! He pointed it out for us to see. And to him, it was definatley SANTA! I think that's funny because when he was 4, it was June/July he said, "Mom, do you remember when that Santa sounded like Grandpa?".
Hayden isn't sure what to think about about the Old Jolly Man. His friends on the bus told him secrets last year and he tried to tell his brother how it is and Dusty wouldn't believe it. So now he is confused and doesn't know what to think - but he doesn't care as long as Santa keeps bringing him gifts. On this visit, Santa brought all of the kids a book, thanks Santa!

Kyrie was really curious from a distance
but didn't like being close. She now loves to see pictures of Santa and says "Santa is nice".
This Thanksgiving was a good one for us.
We all had a turn saying what we are greatful for and there is so much to be greatful for. But the top of my list is I'm greatful I get to be a mom. I LOVE being a mom, it is so rewarding and brings huge amounts of joy to my life. I'm greatful that I get to be here to raise my kids and I am greatful for Chris and for the great husband/father he is and for how hard he works to provide for us. I am greatful for ALL of my friends, I have been blessed with so many great friends out here in Colorado. I'm especially greatful for them when our families are so far away. We have been blessed in so many ways this past year, Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: