Tuesday, November 16, 2010
This Christmas
This Christmas is going to be different. I am going to try really hard to like it! I used to love Christmas but the last few years I have been the biggest Grinch. The last few (like 4 0r 5 years) I have hated Christmas! I have put up the tree just a couple weeks before the big day and I have taken it back down Christmas day. I know, horrible to take down the tree Christmas day but I just couldn't wait for it to be all over with. This year I am starting early, we will hopefully have our tree and lights up before Thanksgiving that way we can enjoy it all as soon as we can. I want to find some fun festivities to go to besides just Bass Pro Shops. I have already started listening to Christmas music, changed my blog background and playlist and I am almost done with my shopping. I am getting a good start! I hope to enjoy it this year with my kids instead of pretending to enjoy it for their sake. I hope I can somehow learn to love it again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I know exactly how you feel! I have been that girl for the past 3 years too! I am really excited about it this year though! I am feeling more prepared too! I had an idea to help with the mood this year...you should do it too! I am going to do the 25 day countdown with little activities for each day. Some are free, some will cost money but they all will be fun! My first idea is Disney on Ice, I have a code for $14 tickets and if you actually buy them at the Pepsi Center you don't have to pay the convenience fee. Some of the other ones are....decorating a gingerbread house, driving downtown and around to look at Christmas lights, watching special Christmas movies, getting out our new Fisher Price nativity I bought last year after Christmas and reading the story in the bible. We are waiting till the 1st to set up our tree- we always order pizza when we do it...it's our first activity! I also am changing one of our traditions to fit into my little plan...we usually do new pajamas on Christmas Eve but this year they will get them on one of the days and wear them all month long! Anyway, I have a lot of ideas so call me if you want to do it with us!
Sounds like a good idea. I miss you Stacey. I am so glad for blogs to catch up with my friends in Colorado. Becky
Post a Comment