Monday, November 1, 2010

They spent big

The boys have been saving up their spending money for about a year. They both got money for the birthdays and Dusty has been asking for me to take him shopping. A couple of weeks ago we went to Walmart, and I thought they were going to spend a big chunk of their money - they both had around $40.00, and they walked out of the store with a 97 cent mystery hot wheels car! Then the other day Dusty asked when we could go to Toys-R-Us and I agreed to take them that day. Hayden got mad and didn't want to go because he said he wasn't going to spend any more of his money until he got big. I told him to take his money just in case and as soon as we walked in the store he knew he wanted a Batman toy. We browsed the isles to check everything out before making our final decision, and Dusty FINALLY decided on a Batman toy as well. He was really looking over the toy and asked, "Mom, do you think that I should waste my money on this?". I explained that if he really liked it, it wouldn't be a waste and it was up to him if that is what he wanted. Well, they both wanted a Batman toy - then I noticed if you buy 2, you get one for free so they agreed on one to share and made the big purchase together. When we got home, Dusty got his toy out of the box, and was so happy to tell me, "WOW, mom, it really was worth the money!". I'm glad it wasn't a waste, they are both happy with their purchase!

Ky and her baby

One day last week, we got home from taking the boys to school and Kyrie went straight to the bathroom cupboard and played inside until it was time to pick up Hayden from school, that's almost 3 hours in the cupboard! Most of the time she had the door shut, I just kept checking on her every once in awhile as she played in the dark. Her new favorite thing is to crawl into or under little tiny spaces. It's not so fun when we can't find her and she doesn't respond when we call for her!

No comments: