skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Field Trip, Birthday, And What?
Today is Dusty's very first field trip with his very first sack lunch! He gets to go to the Children's Museum with his kindergarten class, he is so lucky, I want to go. I'm a bit jealous, it's a place I've been wanting to take the kids to, and now he is going for the first time for school. Now he can tell us all about it and show us around when we get to go as a family. I didn't get on the list to be a helper, the sign up sheet was available at the beginning of the school year, and we were still living in Utah. That's okay though, because I told Dusty that I wish I could go and he got really embarassed and said "What if you have to feed the baby?" I told him that she'd be under a blanket and the kids would never know what's going on in there. But I guess it's too much for him for me to do that in front of his peers, so if I want him to still claim me as his mother, I guess it's best that I stay home to feed the baby. And what a perfect day for a field trip. It is SOOo beautiful today, notice we didn't even need a light jacket to walk to school this morning. I wish everday felt this good!
Yesterday was Dr. Seuss's birthday! An exciting day, YEA! So we decided to celebrate. We have several of his books and the kids picked some out. I don't let the boys sleep in my bed anymore when Chris is gone, and they really miss it, so I told them we could snuggle up in my bed and read a story before tucking them into their own beds. It looks like the celebration will continue on because we only had time to read 1 story, so we'll have to read the others they picked out after school today.
Oh, and did I say tuck them into their own beds? What is this?
Translation: NO MOMS! Only Kids and Dads! This is what I found on the boys bedroom door! Then Dusty informed me that there is an exception - and that is Moms are allowed only if it's to tuck two little boys in bed at night. Whew! I hope they don't care that I also go in there in the middle of the night just to check on them, oh well, they'll be asleep, they'll never know I stepped past my boundaries.
5 comments:
No moms!? Oh boy!! Too funny (and not funny at the same time!)
It was a perfect day for a field trip, with my luck - our day will be a blizzard! I soooo wish they were in the same class!
Miss Kyrie is soooo cute, Staci! I've never seen her with her eyes open, so I totally ejoyed looking at all your pics of her! What a sweetheart!
What a fun day to have your first Field Trip! He looks so happy!
That is too funny! I also love the letter from Dusty boy. Such a sweetheart!
Your boys are growing up so fast! It's weird that we're so far apart because we grew up so close together. I'm glad you post these things on your blog. It's fun to keep in contact this way.
Oh, and that baby of yours is ADORABLE!
Post a Comment