Friday, March 27, 2009

Snow Day!

We had a blizzard yesterday! I wouldn't have known how bad it was, but stupid me decided to load the kids up and run to the store for a few groceries since how we have been gone for a week. I don't know if I've ever done anything stupider - it was BAD! I was either cussing at myself or praying the whole way to the store. Sweet Dusty kept reasurring me that maybe I really was doing the right thing by bying food. The only reason I went is because I had heard it would get worse and last several days. We have plenty of food at home, just not things like milk that expire while you're out for a week. Turns out, I was out through the worst of it all! Next time we'll go without the milk. In some spots in our yard we could still see the grass, in other spots there was about three feet of snow, so I don't know how much we ended up with. It warmed up today and the wind stopped so we went out to play. The snow has melted a lot, and it is very wet outside - just what we need to green up our grass. Anyway, because of the blizzard, Chris's work sent everyone home at noon yesterday, and cancelled work for today! Yay for a snow day!
Hayden had so much fun! He usually doesn't last very long in the snow, but today was an exception.


I think that Dusty wiped out every time!

The sun was too bright for me to keep my eyes open for a picture.

Even Chris got in on the fun!

Dusty got this 'snowball' halfway from the school to our house.

4 comments:

Dave and Melissa Geddes said...

Great pictures Staci! Yeah, we got the blizzard right after you guys did, but we didn't have that much fun in it! I cannot get enough of Hayden's little face.

Rindi said...

Cute pictures. Looks like fun, I can't believe that you got that much snow. I am sick of this crazy weather, I'm ready for spring.

Leslie said...

That looks so fun- well the sledding part, not the snow!! The kids looks like they loved every minute of it. Glad you made it through the blizzard, that is so scary when you are driving in weather like that, and then to have your kids with you makes you worry even more.

Rindi said...

They play there on July 9-12th. We hope we can come!