Tuesday, March 17, 2009

St. Patty's Day


I couldn't ever catch her smile. I took several pictures of her, and she would smile AFTER each one, she must have liked either the flash or the sound of the camera.
Cute Kids! I was hoping that the kids green shirts would help our lawn look green. Not much luck! The grass has turned white, and out here they turn off the system to the watering systems and won't turn it back on until May! The kids go out and play and come back in covered in dead, dry grass. I finally agree with my Grandpa Palmer when he says, "you're going to ruin the lawn". We have had to ban the boys from riding their motorized John Deer truck on our lawn until it greens up some because it is tearing it up. I noticed at the school, the ground is becoming completely bare in spots from all the kids running out it - Weird - especially when the grass was still green in December! Hopefully we'll have GREEN grass soon!

Well, we started out our day with green eggs and toast and Yes, green-orange juice. However I would not recommend green-orange juice, the food coloring does change the flavor (the boys didn't notice though). Then we were out the door for school.
Dusty had a homework assignment to make a Leprechaun trap for school. It was due last Friday to see if they could catch any of those naughty little leprechauns. He came up with a nice little trap. Then over the weekend him and Hayden made another trap.
This one was bound to catch a leprechaun! It start with a paper bag, then a cardboard tube, then into a Banquet pot pie box, then and egg carton and finally into the humidifier box. It's all decorated, with an enticing rainbow and green feather. They woke up this morning and we were sure we caught one. We found a plate of Saint Patrick's Day cookies and a card that read: "NICE TRY! YOU CAN'T CATCH ME! BETTER LUCK NEXT YEAR, LARRY THE LEPRECHAUN" Good thing, I don't know what we would do with a leprechaun, I don't even know how to take care of one. Dusty was so excited and said, "Well, at least we know that one was here. I should've stayed awake all night to catch him so I could wish for a puppy." Funny thing is when he looked inside the card again, there is a picture of a leprechaun-dog. When the boys were getting dressed, Hayden said he really knew one had been here because Hayden's underware was in Dusty's dresser and the leprechaun must be tricking us! (Maybe I just need to hire someone else to do the laundry).
The boys had a fun day at school, but no leprechauns were caught. However, Lucky the Leprechaun had been to Dusty's class and left him a chocolate and a big mess of glitter and confetti for the class to clean up.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That's so cute that you guys are festive. I love it!

jonisill said...

How fun! I knew nothing about Leprachauns and messes and traps, I just thought we were supposed to wear green! I don't remember ever doing anything else. Mackenie's school went all out, so did some of my friends. I need to get on the ball! I told the kids, the leprachauns must have skipped our house because they know I don't like messes. I will have to make sure they come next year!

Anonymous said...

Aw, her little green sweater is SO stinkin' cute! I love the leprechaun trap too - so fun!