Monday, March 16, 2009
Homesick
I have learned that people either really love Vernal, Utah or really hate it. I am one of those that REALLY loves Vernal. And I miss it!! Yes, I would say that I'm homesick. I love all the friendly people, I love the country, I love that the mountains are so close. I miss all the familiar faces. I miss all of the fun events - Vernal has the best Easter Egg hunt ever! I miss storytime at the library, I miss the summer school lunch program for the kids, I miss Hayden's preschool and teachers, I even miss the kids bus drivers! I miss putting my kids on the bus in my pajamas. I miss the baby cows on the other side of our fence. I miss mowing the lawn!!! I miss our large yard with a trampoline and a big dirt pile for the kids to play on. I miss riding the 4-wheeler around the block and up and down the street over and over again. I miss all the cobble rocks that I spent hours gathering and placing just where I wanted them. I miss the spontaneous picnics in the mountains. I miss neighbors waving as they go by! I miss Ellie and other people from our 2 wards - I miss having an organized primary. I miss the Dickson twins being our kids babysitters. I miss my windows! I miss the huge, beautiful flowers along the streets. I miss being closer to family. I miss the work "family" from my husbands employment. I miss the people. I even miss Ranger (and I don't even like dogs!) There are so many little things in life that we take for granted and we don't know how good it is until it's gone. When I first moved to Vernal, it seemed so weird to me, but it only took about 2 weeks for me to LOVE it. I loved it when I lived there, and I still love it today. Vernal will always be one of my favorite places, Vernal was home to me... I miss Vernal!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I hope you will find just as many things that you love about Colorado. I love Dusty's Bow. Tell him I want him to make one for Avery :)
I've been making a ton of bows too. I don't know why, she won't keep them on, she just likes to eat them.
Post a Comment