Tuesday, March 10, 2009

My Boys

Yesterday I decided to make some more goods for Kyrie's head, and Dusty was more than happy to jump in and help. He designed and made several flowers and bows for his sweet little sister. This bow below is my favorite! She could wear this one with just about anything.


Dusty is so creative and crafty. Give him anything, and he can turn it into something else. He goes through a lot of paper and tape. He can make anything his heart desires, and he comes up with ideas I could never think of. I guess I need to start taking more pics so he can have a forever collection of his creations. He really has a good imagination!


I went to parent-teacher conferences last week and his kindergarten teacher said that when they do crafty things Dusty really shines. He is doing so well in school, she also told me that he has been put in a 1st grade flooding group - reading 2nd grade level books! He has also about mastered all of the 1st grade sight words. I'm glad they are trying to give him a challenge, and providing more than just kindergarten curriculum. I've also seen it at home. He has been reading books to me that I should be reading to him. It's amazing to me how well he does with spelling as well. Over all he gets most words right, but here's a list of "inventive" words I've collected from the last week that are so cute:

meoosick - music
hipopodamiss - hippo (I don't even know how to spell that)
etup - eat up
sckooll - school
famlly - family
scellatins - skeletons
waddr - water
bude - buddy
triangll - triangle





I was flashing symbols at Hayden and he gave me that look like 'what are you doing?' So I said, "When I do this, it means I love You!".

Then he flashed his 3 fingers and said "When I do this, it means I Love YOU!" Hayden has been so fun and happy these last couple of weeks. I've really fallen in love with him all over again. He has grown up a bunch lately, and you should hear all the new words he's been saying. I think he's learned that it is worth talking now that we can understand more of what he is saying. This morning he was protesting about getting his shirt on and getting his hair done (thankfully protesting without a meltdown). I was trying really hard not to get frustrated with him, and then he yelled, "THat"S it, I'M moving OuT!" It was so funny, I burst out laughing - and because of the laughter, it suddenly became easy not to be frustrated! He really cracks us up sometimes.

Hayden is doing well in school also. It is so good for him and he really enjoys it. It was freezing cold yesterday, cold enough that I drove around the corner to the bus stop so that we didn't have to take the 2 minute walk in the cold. He got off the bus carrying his coat, and I asked him why he wasn't wearing it. He said that him and another kid on the bus had a bet - to go out in the cold without a coat! Then later at home he told me that him and another kid have a secret handshake. Then last night he told Chris that he has a best friend at school. He and his best friend told each other that they will be best friends forever. However, he doesn't even know his best friends name, but the name isn't what's important - right! It's so fun to see him be an individual instead of always being Dusty's shadow. He has changed a lot recently and it's so fun to see him grow! I love my Hayden Bear!

Both of the boys had little milestones this week: On Saturday they both picked up a worm (which I have NEVER done) to throw in for the fish to eat at Bass Pro Shops. And they both went up to the front in Sacrament on Sunday to sing a song with the Primary Kids (which they have wanted to do before, but never dared). I am proud
of my little dare devils!

1 comment:

Rindi said...

I am so glad that Hayden has been better for you! You have so much patience, it amazes me. You must have gotten the majority of my patience. I don't have much. I love Dusty's words. He tries, a lot of kids will just ask you how to spell words. We miss you and the kids so much. When we look at your blog the boys always yell, "Look it's Dusty and Hayden!!!" I can't wait til I get to see Kyrie. I swear by the time I see her, she won't be a baby anymore!